Thursday, 2 February 2012

A Tall Ship and a Star to Steer her By

 I opened up an Etsy shop a few weeks ago.  Sales have been picking up, so I think I'll keep at it.  It's gratifying to finally make some income from my work, even if it's mostly thanks to family and friends; toiling in obscurity, creating beautiful things that people will never see or own, can be a lonesome enterprise.


     I'm working on what I hope to be a large collection of artworks dealing with themes of exploration, sailing ships, and the sea.  This image is the first of this ambitious project, and its younger sibling is well on its way to completion.  Hopefully, upon having all these works done, I'll be able to find someone interested enough or stupid enough to allow me to display them publicly.  If I don't find that, I'll just paste them to the sides of my car and drive slowly through arty neighborhoods, honking my horn and screaming about the repressive local art community.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love this piece. I've looked at it again and again for a couple years...you make beautiful art.
~lisa